Friday, April 22, 2011

Egg Shells


Easter Weekend = lots of eggshells!

Cooking the Easter meal...coloring all those eggs....making egg salad. How many eggs can one family go though in one weekend? OK...I don't know, I tried to do a search but nothing came up! LOL....so lets see most people I know get at least 18 to 2 dozen eggs just to color! So people it is a lot of eggs!
What to do with all those shells? Will I hope that you used a natural coloring dye...ok....so you didn't use a natural coloring dye....that's ok, always next year right! I'll post that tip before Easter weekend next year! LOL
OK..so keep your shells....all of them! One tip is to put the shells in a hole with your plants that you are growing in your garden. Oh you're not planting a garden?? Then give them to people who are! The Calcium in the shells helps ward off bugs and gives the plants (blooming ones especially) the extra little something to make them thrive! I will post a list of other things that can be done with eggs shells...like there uses in cleaners (of course!) facial treatments and more!
So save those egg shells please and if nothing else give them to me!
P.S. I love taking these pictures!

1 comment: