Friday, April 22, 2011

EARTH DAY!!!


Earth Day!!!

I love Earth Day...always have! I remember having a pair of long flowing flower pants that I would wear on Earth Day every year...I still have them! Don't know if I can wear them anymore....but I can't throw them out.

It is one of the those holidays that just speaks to my soul. I don't remember doing anything in school for Earth Day...but it was out in Washington State where I learned of this April Holiday.

So now my family and I get to celebrate this holiday together...it lands on our "frost free" day here in the Mid Ohio Valley too! So a planting we will go! The Earth is getting lots of rain today so our normal Earth Day things will have to be done this weekend sometime. Plus I think because Easter is Sunday it is taking some of Earth Days spot light! We have a scavenger hunt that we do every Earth Day and usually finish the day with a night right on the golf cart.

So today I have some flowers to plant (rain or not) and a little time to thank the heavens above for this great place we get to live!

I will post more homemade goodies later!
Peace, Love and Happiness on this Earth Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment